Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cong MP regrets slapping bank manager

Hyderabad: The Congress MP from Andhra Pradesh, who was booked for slapping and assaulting a government employee, regretted the incident on Wednesday.

MP from Nagarkurnool in Andhra Pradesh, Manda Jagannatham reportedly slapped Ravinder Reddy, manager of a local branch of Andhra Pradesh Grameen Vikas Bank, on Tuesday after a heated argument.

"Tomorrow (Thursday) I would be give a detailed explaination to Sonia Gandhi about the incident. I didn't slap the manager intentionally, it just happened accidentally in a scuffle. I was just trying to catch him by his shoulder but he wasn't listening to me," the MP told CNN-IBN.

"I regret what happened but it wasn't intentional," he added.

Party president Sonia Gandhi had asked for an explanation from the MP.

Jagannatham has accused the manager of deliberately delaying the loans for the SCs and STs. However, the manager said the task given to him by the MP could not have been completed in a day and that he was just following the protocol.

"I told him I would get it done step by step but he didn't listen to me. He manhandled me," claimed Reddy.

Denying all these allegations, Jagannatham said the manager was drunk at the time of the confrontation and was rudely talking to him.

"He was very rude to me. He should not have spoken to an MP that way. He should have followed protocol. He was completely drunk. A medical test should be conducted," he told CNN-IBN.

0 comments: