Saturday, June 20, 2009

Obama can cook keema, dal; is a big cricket fan

Washington: US President Barack H Obama can cook keema and dal. He is a fan of cricket but terrible with bats.

These little known secrets about Obama were revealed during his interview to Dawn television of Pakistan where he reflected upon his acquaintance with the South Asian culture.

"As you know, I had Pakistani roommates in college who were very close friends of mine. I went to visit them when I was still in college.. was in Karachi and went to Hyderabad," said the US President.

"Their mothers taught me to cook," he added.

When asked what he can cook, Obama said, "Keema and dal and....You name it, I can cook it".

And, it doesn't stop at that.

The US President further revealed that he is an admirer of great cricket players, but doesn't know how to bat despite making several attempts.

"You know, I have to say that I have tried to get up to bat a couple of times, but I've been terrible," Obama said in response to a question.

"So I am an admirer of great cricket players, but make no claims in terms of my own skills," he mentioned.

0 comments: