Monday, December 29, 2008

BSP MLA an extortionist, alleges engineer

There's mounting evidence against BSP MLA Shekhar Tiwari arrested for the murder of a PWD engineer in UP.

The engineer's predecessor in the public works department C D Rai says Shekhar Tiwari would regularly extort money for party funds along with his supporters.

Tiwari has been charged the National Security Act and the Gangster Act for the murder of engineer Manoj Gupta but his boss Mayawati denied that it was because of party pressure to raise funds.

Shekhar Tiwari and his supporters were booked for murder after a Public Works engineer Manoj Gupta was beaten to death. The engineer had reportedly refused to pay a donation for chief minister Mayawati's birthday.

"They were banging the door, and when I asked them who they were they said they were from the CID. I woke my husband and when he asked who they were, they said they were from the CID. When he asked them why they had come, they broke open the door and came inside. My husband locked me up in the bathroom, and they took my husband away," said Shashi Gupta, wife of Manoj Gupta.

0 comments: